2018-03-10 - TRAFFIC ANALYSIS EXERCISE - MAX HEADROOM
- Zip archive of the pcap: 2018-03-10-traffic-analysis-exercise.pcap.zip 11.5 MB (11,540,224 bytes)
- All zip archives on this site are password-protected with the standard password. If you don't know it, look at the "about" page of this website.
Max Headroom was a computer generated character that appeared in UK television film, at least two television series, and several commericals in the 1980s. The character was also used by hackers that hijacked a television broadcast signal in 1987. Max Headeroom is somewhat related to this exercise. Review the pcap, and you'll see what I mean.
Shown above: Max Headroom.
Review the pcap, and document the following:
- Date and time of the malicious activity in UTC (GMT).
- IP address of the affected Windows host.
- Mac address of the affected Windows host.
- Host name of the affected Windows host.
- User account name on the affected Windows host.
- What happened.
- Click here for the answers.
Click here to return to the main page.