2019-03-06 - QUICK POST: KOREAN MALSPAM PUSHES FLAWED AMMYY RAT MALWARE
- 2019-03-06-Korean-malspam-pushing-Flawed-Ammyy-RAT-5-examples.zip 421 kB (421,572 bytes)
- 2019-03-06-Flawed-Ammyy-traffic.pcap.zip 3.7 MB (3,727,297 bytes)
- 2019-03-06-Flawed-Ammyy-malware.zip 618 kB (618,415 bytes)
- I found some examples of Korean language malspam using attached XLS files to push Flawed Ammyy RAT malware.
- I didn't have time to dig into this and share all of the indicators (IP addresses, file hashes, etc,), so this is a quick post.
- My previous example of Flawed Ammyy RAT was posted on 2018-11-30 (link).
- Zip archives are password-protected with the standard password. If you don't know it, see the "about" page of this website.
Shown above: Screenshot of Korean malspam pushing Flawed Ammyy RAT malware (1 of 2).
Shown above: Screenshot of Korean malspam pushing Flawed Ammyy RAT malware (2 of 2).
Shown above: Traffic from an infection filtered in Wireshark.
Shown above: Post-infection traffic over TCP port 80 caused by Flawed Ammyy RAT malware.
Shown above: Post-infection traffic over TCP port 443 caused by Flawed Ammyy RAT malware.
Click here to return to the main page.